Anyone who knows me knows I’m no night owl, I can barely stay awake to watch a movie on a Friday night, just ask my husband. Getting in a workout and getting a head start on work before most people have started their day always makes me feel so productive. But how do you enjoy being a morning person when most of the time all we want to do is hit snooze over and over, skip the gym and barely have the time to eat a nutritious breakfast.
I wanted to share with you my tips on becoming a (more bearable) morning person.
1. Get prepared the night before – If you want your morning to flow smoothly then I cannot stress this point enough. Anything you can gather the night before, do it! Sometimes I even like to get my outfit ready for the next day, because I know if I don’t have a plan on what to wear I will stand in my closet for a good 20 minutes just deciding what to wear (and most likely change my mind multiple times). It makes life so much easier to have everything ready to grab and go.
2. Switch off electronics 1 hour before bed – Okay this one is always difficult for most people to do, but switching off from social media especially will do wonders for you, it gives your brain a chance to relax and prepare for sleep, I always fall asleep so much easier when I read before bed, you could even try yoga or meditation to help relax.
3. Move your body – There is no better feeling than some endorphin’s in the morning. Getting your blood flowing and your heart rate up instantly helps you to feel more positive and sets you up to have a productive day. I also find that it helps you stay on track for the rest of the day, if you start your day with an amazing workout you’re more than likely going to want to fuel your body with nourishing foods throughout the rest of the day.
4. Wake up grateful – Simply waking up and thinking of a few things you are grateful for in your life helps to start your day on a positive note. This is something I really want it to focus more on, it seems like such a great habit to get into.
5. Have breakfast prepped – Nothing annoys me more when people say they don’t have time to eat breakfast! It sounds cliché but breakfast really is the most important meal of the day. When you’re breakfast is already prepped it makes life simple and you can grab and go. If you haven’t seen it yet you can check out my overnight oats recipe here.
6. Set a positive atmosphere – Being in a positive environment really sets the tone for the rest of the day. I like to wake up early and take my time getting ready, too many people leave themselves 10 minutes to get ready before it’s time to leave the house. One of my favourite things to do recently is to listen to an episode from the ‘Earn your happy’ podcast by Lori Harder while I drink my coffee, it’s so refreshing to listen to something motivational in the morning.
These are just some of the things I have implemented into my life to help me enjoy my mornings a little more. How do you like to spend your mornings?
Thanks for stopping by,